Table of Contents
Email marketing is the process of sending relevant and promotional messages to people in huge quantities. It is usually used to generate leads and sales and it may concern your advertising. Email marketing is a type of marketing that makes the customers on your email contacts aware of discounts, new products, sales, and other services relevant for them based on their interest.
Email marketing also helps you in maintaining a good engagement with your customers. Whether you want to grow your business or sell your products and services, email marketing is the most effective and most popular tool for your marketing campaigns.
Email marketing has a higher Return On Investment(ROI) than any other technique of digital marketing. Unlike SEO and social media platforms, email marketing has direct contact with your audience. Email marketing also has a negative impact that can also drive your customers away by annoying them with persistently annoying spam emails.
Why is Email Marketing important?
Many people look at email marketing as an outdated method but marketers know how beneficial email is to their overall marketing strategy. Email marketing is an effective way to connect with leads, nurture them and convert them into customers. It is crucial for various marketing strategies like inbound, content, and account-based marketing. Your prospects and customers can receive personalized messages that can help them connect with your brand. It is a great way to get your customer’s attention and engage them. In the technical generation of social media, it’s appealing to write off an email. There is even statistical evidence that it remains a significant aspect of your marketing efforts. The survey of a company detects that email marketing returns an average of $42 for every $1 spent.
Another important advantage of email marketing over social media platforms is that customers are more likely to see an email than social media. Social media posts cannot grab everyone’s attention because everyone you want to see your message doesn’t have to take a look at it. However, an email will remain in your box until it’s read or deleted.
Preferably, email marketing should go hand in hand with social media. You can connect your customers to connect with your brand by adding social media “Like” or “Share” buttons to your marketing emails. A small part of positive reviews from social media can be included in your social media posts, and emails can drive customers to your email newsletters.
Setting Email Marketing Goals
Email marketing goals are set up for fulfilling the following purposes:
- Maximize your Return Over Investment(ROI)
- Raise loyalty
- Maintain healthy relationships with your clients
- Increase engagement with your customers
Ways to achieve these goals
You can achieve these goals by using various tips and tricks and tools for email marketing strategy. Some of them are:
- Pick the significant email marketing tools: The first step you should take to achieve your goals is to choose the appropriate email marketing tool. A marketer needs an Email Service Provider (ESP) with an automation tool, among other useful features. There are several tools used for email marketing like HubSpot, sender, Sendinblue, Omnisend, SendPulse, etc.
- Determine the audience you want to target: The second step marketers need to use is to create their email subscriber list. To do this, you have to recognize the target audience that your company serves. For instance, if a business deal in baby clothes, then its target audience will be the mothers-to-be. Thus, it is important to get the email addresses and demographics of your targeted audience.
- Use the appropriate list-building techniques: The most appropriate way of creating your mailing lists is through subscription techniques. With the help of your email marketing tools, you can add subscription forms to your website and collect quality subscribers who are eager to hear from your business. You can embed subscription forms on high-traffic sections of your site. To increase your site’s online presence you should set up multi-channel subscription forms.
- Divide your mailing lists into segments segmentation is the division of email subscribers into smaller segments based on the set criteria. Segmentation is used as a personalization strategy to convey more relevant emails for your marketing based on their location, interests, buying history, and many others. Segmenting your email is an effective technique that enables you to send highly targeted email campaigns. Using different tools, marketers can segment their mailing contacts based on different aspects. By opting for this technique you can make sure that you are delivering customized and appropriate messages that will appeal to your customers.
- Create a schedule for sending emails: To make sure that your subscribers go through your promotional emails, look out for the best time for sending emails. Therefore, it is necessary for experimenting and determining the time when your target audience is most engaged.