The e-commerce giant has an initiative designed to provide dedicated support to emerging Indian brands and startups to reach customers the world over.
Consumer product start-ups face various challenges in establishing themselves in the industry. To ease these challenges, Amazon has launched its AGS (Amazon Global Selling) Propel Accelerator Program!
Pandemic Unlocked Opportunities
The Covid-19 pandemic has unlocked new opportunities in exports for Indian businesses. It is creating growth and new markets in multiple product categories, according to a Drip Capital report. Items like personal protective equipment (PPE), sanitizers, disinfectants, and test kits have seen significant growth in value and depending on the trajectory of the pandemic in key export markets. These products may continue to contribute to export growth in the coming years as well, according to the report.
Amazon Global Selling is an ecommerce exports program to sell internationally from India
- 70000+ Sellers already exporting
- 15 International Markets
- 200+ Countries & Territories
How can AGS Propel Accelerator help your start-up accomplish?
- Connect with Amazon Leaders & Potential Investors
- Connect with Veteran Start-up Founders
- Access to Amazon Ecosystem
What’s in it for you?
If you register with the AGS Propel Accelerator program, here is what you get
Launch across any or all of 17 international marketplaces and 200+ countries giving you access to millions of new customers. Amazon will provide a dedicated support for navigating the new markets end-to-end for all cohort members.
To conclude the program, we will provide a chance to pitch your business to top investors todiscuss potential funding with them in an exclusive setup for cohort members.
Get a chance to win a total equity free grant worth $50,000 to the top 3 start-ups of the program, basis the demo day presentations. The winning start-up will get $30,000; the 1st runner up with get $15,000 and the 2nd runner up will get $5,000.
Duration of Program
A 6-week program, which aims to accelerate your business growth by providing you the equitable resources, mentorship and a platform to take your start-up global.
Who is Eligible to Participate in the Amazon Global Selling Propel Program?
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM, THE APPLICANT MUST FULFILL THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Should be a start–up operating in India primarily in the consumer segment;
- The start–up should be the sole owner of the brand of the products sold / distributed by it/him;
- Be the owner, or official representative, of the start–up in connection with which you will be applying for the Program.
- Have strong early adoption metrics in launched markets.
- Strong vision of the founders to expand the start-ups operations in the short term.
- Willingness to participate in the 6 week (approx.) mentoring program, networking sessions, hosted under the Program.
What is the Selection Process/ Criteria?
The applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the business plan, strong adoption metrics and team capabilities. Shortlisted applicants will be inducted into the Amazon Global Selling Propel accelerator program.
How Much Funding Will my Firm Receive?
Selling Propel accelerator program.
There will be an equity free grant of $50k (Top team – $30k, 1st Runner up – $15k and 2nd Runner up – $5k). Additionally, all the selected startups will get a chance to pitch to top VCs on the demo day – However, there is no guarantee of any funding though.
What are the Important Dates and Timelines?
- The Accelerator program will be open and accept applications till 7th February
- The cohort shortlist will be announced by 11th February
- The top 10 startups will be inducted into a 6 weeks Accelerator program beginning from mid-February, 2021.
Goal of Program
The goal of program is to identify high potential startups in the consumer space, provide them the right resources to accelerate and grow their business.
The accelerator program is uniquely hosted on Startup India and will select 10 startups.
The accelerator program will also provide startups the opportunity to receive 1:1 mentorship from Amazon leaders and partners, and a platform to interact with potential investors.
The top 3 startups will also receive cash grants worth USD 50K( INR3646375.00 )
Join the Amazon Global Selling Propel Accelerator program today!
WHERE TO APPLY?
There are many promising, emerging brands that have the capability to become big and go global. This is a timely initiative which can prove a big stepping stone.’